Whitelist is used to allow certain users access to your server whilst stopping other users from connecting. It is very useful especially when you want your server to be private.
Whitelisting has 4 base commands
- /whitelist on - turns the whitelist on
- /whitelist off - turns the whitelist off
- /whitelist add (user) - adds a user to the whitelist
- /whitelist remove (user) - removes a user from the whitelist
Additionally, you can “blacklist” users from your server by banning them, this stops any user you want from joining your server unless the punishment is revoked.
Banning is simple and there are only 2 commands you need to know.
- /ban (user) <reason> - bans a user from a server because of a reason, the reason is optional
- /pardon (user) - revokes this punishment
Please also view this video tutorial!