Using Minehut, all servers by default can be connected to by using the IP name.minehut.gg. If you are interested in taking your server to the next level by using a custom domain, follow the tutorial below and you'll easily be able to set up one.
- Access to a domain you can use for this tutorial. You can buy an affordable domain here or at any other domain registry you so desire.
- A Minehut server you would like to connect your custom domain to connect to. You do not have to be the owner of this server.
1. Open up the DNS settings for the domain you have access to. For this tutorial, I will be using a service called Cloudflare so the wording in the steps might vary.
- If you are interested in using Cloudflare, change your domain's nameservers to be alex.ns.cloudflare.com and dara.ns.cloudflare.com and then sign up for an account on CloudFlare and follow their steps.
2. Add a new DNS record. Make sure you select ``SRV`` as the record type when you create it.
3. Set the service name to _minecraft and set the protocol to TCP. Set the name to the link you would like to join the server on (EX: Put play if you want it to play .customdomain). Click Save if you see it.
4. Set the port to 25565 and set the target to Servername.minehut.gg. If prompted, keep the priority and weight to 1. Click Save and Add Record. It might take a few minutes to a few hours before the new IP you made starts to work.