City vs City Matches
- Each match will now have City Clubs face one another directly. We made this change to allow for direct competition between two City Clubs removing the ability for a 3rd City Club to affect the outcome of a match – this is truly a City vs City competition!
- Double Round Robin Scheduling. Each City Club will play every City Club in their division twice. This allows for City Clubs to play 6 total games, allowing for a robust schedule and an exciting division race as the City Clubs compete for a spot in the Grand Final
5 vs 5 Games Modes
- We’ve taken our 4 most popular mini-games and turned them into esports-ready game modes. Each City Champs matchup will see you play with the same 5-player team against other 5-player teams.
- We made this change to better reflect professional esports providing more structured gameplay and competition. This also prevents other teams within a City Club to negatively affect the scores of other teams providing a balanced and fair competition.
- Win your 5 v 5 match up, earn 1 point for your City Club. The City Club with the most points at the end of the match wins.
- We made this change to make scoring compartmentalized requiring City Clubs to excel in all game modes – not just dominate in one. The best most well-rounded teams will see the greatest success in this format.
- Division Standings are now based off an easy-to-understand win/loss standard.
- We made this change to better balance the standings. In prior iterations one great or bad week could have a weighted effect on the division standings – this way every game is counted equally regardless of point differential akin to NFL, NHL, MLB and NBA standings.