Minecraft has plenty of potions you can brew to enhance your effectiveness or give other effects.
Do you want to reduce your damage? Or maybe you have plans to make a Splash Potion of Weakness to cure some zombie villagers... either way here's how you can make your own!
The Potion of Weakness is made at a brewing station and is fairly simple to complete. Once you’ve created a Potion of Weakness in the Brewing Stand all you have to do to make it a Splash Potion of Weakness is add Gunpowder.
The most difficult part of brewing this potion is finding a Nether Fortress. The Blaze that drop the Blaze Rod necessary to make strength potions will be found in these fortresses.
- Bottle of Water (Glass bottles can be crafted or found, fill with water)
- Blaze Powder (Common item from blazes)
- Fermented Spider Eye (Crafted from Spider Eye, Sugar, and Brown Mushroom)
Follow these steps and you'll be getting weaker in no time:
- Head to the Nether in order to find Blaze. You can build a Nether Portal by placing obsidian four blocks wide and five blocks tall.
- Next light up the Nether Portal with flint and steel. To make flint and steel you will need Iron and Flint. Place your Flint and the Iron Ingot into your crafting menu, any of the crafting spaces will do.
- Make sure you light one of the inside Obsidian Blocks to light up your Portal. Stand in the portal for a few seconds and you will be blasted into the Nether!
- Once inside, you will need to locate a Nether Fortress. They can be extremely rare, but if you’re lucky your portal may spawn right on top of one. Fingers crossed!
- A red/purple hue of the brick is the sign you have found your fortress. Next, you will need to locate the blaze that will spawn intermittently within the fortress.
A blaze spawner will make this process much easier if you can find one.
- Once you collect your ingredients, return to safety and your crafting table.
- Take Glass Bottles near any water source and right-click to fill up the bottles.
If you do not already have glass bottles, you can smelt sand in a furnace to make glass and arrange 3 pieces in a V shape on the crafting menu.
- Use the Blaze Rod, then combine it with three pieces of Cobblestone to make a brewing stand.
- The Brewing Stand requires Blaze Powder, so place a Blaze Rod into the crafting menu to make the powder. You will create two Blaze Powder per Blaze Rod.
- Open the Brewing Stand menu and get mixing! First, add the Blaze Powder, followed by the Bottle of Water.
If you’d like to craft more than one potion at a time just add more bottles here, so long as you have the extra ingredients of course.
- Lastly, add the Fermented Spider Eye and your potion is complete!
If you're planning on making the Splash Potion of Weakness this is where you now add the Gunpowder.
In Minecraft, if you drink a Potion of Weakness it will reduce your attack damage giving you the Weakness effect. You can also combine a Splash Potion of Weakness with a Golden Apple which you can use to cure zombie villagers. A Splash Potion of Weakness can be thrown on other characters as well!