Enchanting is a mechanic available in Minecraft to improve an item's abilities or even imbue them with new abilities and functions. There are three different ways to enchant an item.
- Use a Minecraft Enchanting Table, you will need to exchange XP and Lapis Lazuli.
- Use a Minecraft Anvil, you will combine an enchanted book with an item that is not yet enchanted. This process uses XP.
- At an Anvil, combine two items that are already enchanted, this will create one item that will have two enchantments. The result will be based on the items used.
There are additional ways to gain enchanted items:
- Finding a villager with enchanted items.
- Fishing, there is a chance of reeling them in!
- Loot from enemies such as zombies, skeletons, wither skeletons, drowned, husk, piglin, zombified piglin, and stay. You have an 8.5% chance to pick one up if the enemy has an enchanted item when you kill it.
- Finding items in from treasures chests in locations such as end cities, ruined portals, ocean ruins, jungle temples, desert temples, bastion remnants, and shipwrecks.
- Bartering can offer iron boots or an enchanted book.